Pregnancy massage, (also known as prenatal massage) is a nurturing massage that focuses on the special needs of mothers-to-be during pregnancy.
Let stress and tension melt away
Pregnancy causes unique physical changes as your body adjusts to accommodate your growing baby.
This type of massage is a natural, touch therapy treatment aimed at alleviating these and other pregnancy related symptoms. We do not perform deep tissue massage on expectant mothers.
- Rizz, our certified and experienced pregnancy massage therapist, chooses safe and effective techniques for expectant mothers.
- Positioning, pillows and cushions are used to enhance support, decrease pressure and increase relaxation for both body and mind.
- Mother and baby share in the benefits as stress and tension melt away, leaving you feeling balanced and energised.
At Belmont Remedial Massage, prenatal massage is only performed after the first trimester. It is advised that you consult with your doctor to see if prenatal massage is right for you.
Taking time for yourself during pregnancy can be uplifting emotionally.
Pregnancy massage Benefits:
Pregnancy massage offers a wide range of benefits, including:
- Eases backaches, headaches, shoulder and neck aches that may be caused by muscle tension and shifts in posture to accommodate increasing weight
- Decreases pain in the pelvic/hip area
- Increases circulation
- Improves digestion
- Reduces fatigue
- Improves skin elasticity that can help reduce stretch marks
- Helps reduce swelling in such places as hands and lower legs
- Can alleviate the stress on weight-bearing joints, like the knees, which are impacted by the weight of a growing baby
- Promotes relaxation and deep breathing
- Helps stabilise hormone levels by lessening anxiety
Your Specialist Therapist: Rizz Worthington
Qualified Remedial Massage Therapist and Personal Trainer
Rizz has a certificate in Pregnancy Massage and enjoys helping ease the common aches and pains expectant mums feel during pregnancy. More
Taking time for yourself during pregnancy can be emotionally and physically uplifting.